There is more to staging your home than just arranging furniture and making sure everything is always clean. Here are some tips to help you prepare your interior for listing.
- Pack Away your knickknacks and trinkets. Potential buyers want to see your home, not your personal items. This will give the room a bigger feel.
- Buyers love homes with storage. So organize your closets and storage areas, and be sure to get rid of those unnecessary items along the way.
- Make sure your home is clean. We don’t mean to just pick up loose items and put them away. You need to make sure your walls, windows, trims, doorways, light switches, and every small detail is presentable. Also, make sure to eliminate any odors and messes caused by household pets.
- Paint your walls with a nice neutral tone to give the walls a fresh look. Before you paint, be sure to fill in any holes.
- Organize and repair your kitchen and bathroom cabinets. If your cabinets are outdated, don’t Worry about replacing them. Give them a little face lift by painting or staining them and adding new, updated hardware. All cabinet doors and drawers need to be in working order. If a glide or hinge needs replaced, do it!
- Finally, arrange the furniture to allow plenty of room to walk through the home. If you have too much, or over sized furniture, it will make the space seem smaller and make it difficult for some buyers to walk through your home. Think about renting a storage unit for bulky items. Keep your entry way open and free of clutter and try adding a new welcome mat. This will be the first thing they see when they walk in the door.
Remember, you only have one chance to make a first impression. So do it right the first time. Once again, my name is Carla Hicks with Poplar Bluff Realty. Where our mission is to bring families home.[/et_pb_text][et_pb_divider admin_label=”Divider” color=”#606060″ show_divider=”on” height=”3″ divider_style=”solid” divider_position=”top” hide_on_mobile=”on”] [/et_pb_divider][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”center” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid”]